What should you buy?
When working with alt:V it's hard to determine what kind of server you should be expected to purchase when running a server.
Below are some general specifications with average player counts to help you determine what kind and type of server you need.
These are facts and similarities seen across all servers.
- The average mid-tier server utilizes 6-42% of their CPU. This is based on players and other factors.
- The average mid-tier server has a player count of roughly 300-600 players at peak hours.
- The average mid-tier server has RAM usage less than 1.25GB.
- The average mid-tier server has around 8 cores.
- The average mid-tier server is clocked at 3.7ghz
Minimum Server Specification
Based on these statistics one could assume the minimum specifications for a performant server above 100 players.
- CPU 3.2ghz
- 4 Cores
- 4 GB of RAM (Additional for Databases, etc.)
- Disk Space (Depends on Database and Script)
This will always be subject to change based on upcoming features or performance changes.