alt:V can have various issues depending on what type of system you are running.
We strongly recommend Windows 10!
Here is some general tips and information to get it running.
If the steps below do not help you may find additional help in our Discord.
- You need to have Singleplayer launched at least once.
- Try Running as Admin
- Add an exception to your Anti-Virus for alt:V (This Includes Windows Defender).
- Avast is even blocking alt:V if you whitelist it!
- Ensure alt:V is installed in a directory that is not your Desktop, not your GTA:V Directory and the path does not include any special characters.
- Make sure Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributeable is installed. Downloadlink
- Only use ASCII Characters in your alt:V Path.
- Keep Pathing short for alt:V ie.
- Don’t use Windows 7. Install Update KB2670838 if you really want to try Windows 7.
- Delete RageMP Files from your GTA Directory.
- If the Steam version is stuck on "Load alt:V Client", try killing the Steam process(es). (Also try and remove Steam from autostart.)
- Remove steam_api64.dll from GTA Directory.
Tips for FPS Problems
- Set "MSAA" to "Off" in GTA settings.
SLI, Dual GPU and Laptops
If you should encounter non loading servers, environment or similarities like this:
cef/altv-webengine.exe need to be running on the same GPU.
This can be achived as followed:
For Laptops preferrably
- Press "Windows + R" on your Keyboard
- Enter "ms-settings:display-advancedgraphics" in the window which appeared
- Click on OK
- Click "Search" and select "altv.exe", "altv-webengine.exe"and "gta5.exe" one after another
- Select "Options" and select "High Performance" for both programs
NVIDIA Graphics cards
- Open NVIDIA Control Panel
- 3D Settings
- Manage 3D Settings
- Program Settings
- Add "altv.exe", "altv-webengine.exe"and "gta5.exe"
- Select the same graphics card for the Feature "OpenGL rendering GPU" for both programs.
AMD Graphics cards
- Right-Click on Desktop and select AMD Radeon Settings
- Select System
- Select Switchable Graphics
- Add "altv.exe", "altv-webengine.exe"and "gta5.exe" and select "High Performance"
- More detailed description can be found HERE
Master Server connect failed
- Only avaiable on Release
- Ensure that the Ports: 7788 TCP & UDP, are open.
- 'alt:V' In Name or Description is forbidden
Failed integrity check
- Clear Client - Cache
- Clear Server - Cache, If possible